Job Title; Events & Social Media Executive
Key Skills; Social Media, Marketing, Event Management, Event Coordination, Events Logistics, Adobe Creative Suite
Salary; £18,000 – £21,000 per annum
Shift Pattern; Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:30pm
Commutable from; Blaby, Whetstone, Narborough, Enderby, Broughton Astley, Cosby, Wigston, Hinckley, Lutterworth
Our client a multinational organisation based in Leicester, is seeking an Events and Social Media Executive to join their progressive company. The successful candidate will plan, produce and oversee the execution of marketing and communications by planning activities. This will include media, promotions, print, collateral materials and development of materials physically and online in order to deliver and promote the organisations messages to its target audience.
The successful candidate will also assist with the preparation, coordination and implementation of the campus events program, and any other events. This is an exciting opportunity that is varied, fast paced and offers ample career progression for the right candidate.
- Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing and delivering a variety of marketing and communication materials suitable for the company’s target audience
- Manage development, production and distribution of promotional print and digital collateral materials
- Develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of the campus events program and any other suitable events
- Use appropriate systems and platforms to manage social media, print media, emails, newsletters and other appropriate forms
- Participate in budget development and support the overall departmental budget
- Prepare written materials including marketing copy, business communications, reports and presentation scripts
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and proof reading of departmental materials
- Analyse marketing and communication trends within the target audience to make recommendations to adjust strategy and improve effectiveness
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure the best financial outcome, in line with budgets and deliverable dates
- Checking and authorising contracts with stakeholders for event usage, to ensure that events are booked and contracted in advance
- Booking event logistics (Van Hire, Hotels etc.) for events in line with department budgets and requirements
- Support in the planning of the events timetable and ensuring this is completed in a timely and effective manner
- Complete bookings, scheduling and training in a timely and effective manner to ensure that the department performs to its full capacity
- Optimise the profitability of the department by supporting the selection of title ranges/items to ensure suitability for the target audience thus increasing profitability
- Maintain and update relevant systems in house to ensure that all event elements are up to date and adequate for all staff, this includes updating booking forms, maps and reconciling figures.
- Answer incoming calls, emails and enquiries into the office regarding campus events and the wider department
- Perform other general administrative duties (typing, filling, organising, copying etc) in line with the departmental need
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in Marketing and/or Event Management
- Sales experience with the ability to negotiate and build relationships
- Experience in operating Social Media business site/s
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages, including Excel
- Knowledge of UK Universities/Students’ Unions would be advantageous, however not essential
- Full UK Driving Licence as travel to clients sites will be required
- Training and development opportunities
- Working for one of the largest suppliers globally in their field
- Long term career progression
- Onsite free car parking
- Forward thinking company
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply directly through this website or call 0116 277 9854. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application please assume that you have not been successful. We will, however, retain your application for any future roles for which you may be suitable.
This position is advertised on behalf of Jacob Thomas Associates. We have a variety of other permanent and temporary positions available ranging from Supply Chain, Logistics, Administration, Sales, Secretarial, Finance & Accounts, Customer Services, I.T. Engineering and Driving.
To view all of our positions available throughout the United Kingdom, please browse our website.