Job Title; Production Manager
Salary; £35,000 per annum
Shift Pattern; Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm and Friday 8:00am – 1:30pm
Location; Leicester, Leicestershire
Our client, world leaders in providing expert engineering solutions, are seeking an experienced yet ambitious Production Manager to join their team due to continuous growth. The role is to ensure maximum efficiency, quality and smooth running of production lines.
If you are a Production Manager seeking an exciting new challenge as part of a well established and truly rewarding company, then please apply!
The Production Manager Role;
- Oversee fitting operation to ensure mechanical products are assembled in accordance with drawings, specifications and build procedures
- Motivate, influence and lead the production team in order to meet production deadlines and exceed customers expectations
- Ensure Fitters are fully trained including on the use of Factory Master System and working to agreed production deadlines
- Manage staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Ensure workforce planning is inline with production needs
- Carryout regular training, reviews and disciplinary’s when needed
- Monitor quality and ensure that all areas meet company standards and are in line with quality standards
- Work with and support other departments – Maintain good working relationships with Design, Sales, Purchasing and Finance involving them in any relevant issues.
The Production Manager Candidate;
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment in a management capacity
- Fitting or assembly engineering background would be advantageous
- Experience of working with Lean Principles
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiar with working to ISO standards regarding quality
- An understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to use initiative and able to make decisions on behalf of the company
- Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is desirable however not essential
The Production Manager Benefits;
- Immediately available opportunity
- Company benefits
- Excellent working environment
- Free parking
If you are interested in the Production Manager opportunity please apply directly through this website or call Jacob Thomas Associates and ask for Ross.