Job Title; HR Officer
Salary; £26,000 – £32,000 per annum (Dependent on experience)
Shift Pattern; Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm and Friday 8:00am – 1:30pm
Location; Banbury, Oxfordshire
Jacob Thomas Associates are delighted to be supporting our client to appoint a HR Officer to join their expanding team! The successful HR Professional will play an instrumental role within the company by supporting a small team with all HR functions within the business.
If you’re seeking a rewarding role within a global manufacturing organisation, we want to hear from you!
***Please note this is initially an interim role for 6 months however could become a permanent post for the right candidate!
The HR Officer Role;
- Support the HR Manager in site Human Resources ensuring operations are in line with legislative requirements, company policies and are best practice
- Assist with all onsite recruitment, ensuring selection procedures are being adhered to along with liaising with external suppliers. Managing temporary requirements and authorising timesheets.
- Oversee and manage recruitment campaigns, interviewing process, contract management and onboarding
- Carryout Human Resources and Health & Safety Inductions to all new employees
- Assist with employee development by coordinating and developing training programmes for personnel onsite
- Coordinate and organise external training courses, management of internships and Universities
- Assist with investigations, disciplinary actions, exit interviews, grievance and appeal hearings
- Site HR Correspondent for payroll, managing the HR systems and pension scheme
- Ensure information relating to new starters, leavers, transfers etc is processed in a timely and accurate fashion. Determine appropriate action to be taken for entitlements and any discrepancies.
- Manage accurate records for employees and assist with responding to internal enquiries, including absence and annual leave request
- Generate various reports to present to Senior Stakeholders on numbers employed, absence, turnover, health and safety & employee claims
- Produce monthly plant indicators
- Coordinate Company Council and Health and Safety committees
- Support in achieving business objectives in a Continuous Improvement environment
- Ensure aware of current developments within the field of Human Resources and Employment Relations
The HR Officer Candidate;
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a HR role, within a manufacturing or engineering role would be advantageous
- Good knowledge in employment law, recruitment process and selection methods
- Experience of managing monthly time & attendance / payroll administration
- The ability to apply theoretical knowledge and an understanding of working practices to situations as they arise
- Effective communication skills and ability to liaise at various levels
- Possess excellent leadership and people skills with the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Attentive with attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Ability to implement and coordinate new processes
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages
The HR Officer Benefits;
- Be part of a global organisation that rewards success and offers progression
- Immediately available opportunity
- Join a dynamic and friendly team with an excellent working environment
- Opportunities for training and development
- Free parking onsite
If you are interested in the HR Officer opportunity please apply directly through this website or call Jacob Thomas Associates and ask for Freddy.